Whether you’re hosting a BBQ or a dinner party, deciding what to cook to whet your guests’ taste buds is no mean feat.
Mexican chicken skewers are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and they only contain a few ingredients.
They take just over 30 minutes to cook, meaning you can spend less time cooking and more time socialising with your guests.
We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.
a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras.
Read on for Katy Bishop’s stellar recipe.
Prepare: 15 minutes + marinating
Cook: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 2 as a main meal
- 4 large chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into strips
- 14g pack Schwartz Mexican Street Food Seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 corn tortillas
- Coriander, soured cream and tomato salsa, to serve
1. Place the chicken into a large bowl then scatter over all but 1 tsp of the Schwartz Mexican Street Food Seasoning. Mix together with the oil until coated.
2. Thread the chicken onto 4 short skewers (if you’re using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes first). If you have time, cover, chill and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or for up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat the barbecue (or grill/griddle) to a medium heat. Cook the skewers for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally until slightly charred and thoroughly cooked. Cook the lime halves, cut-sides down, for 3–4 minutes or until charred. Set aside and keep warm. Warm the tortillas through too.
4. Mash the avocado and mix with most of the remaining Schwartz Mexican Street Food Seasoning. Top the tortillas with the mashed avocado, the meat from the skewers, and coriander sprigs. Serve with the griddled limes to squeeze over, soured cream and/or salsa, finishing with a sprinkling of the reserved Schwartz Mexican Street Food Seasoning.
Schwartz tip: if you’re cooking for a crowd, this recipe can be easily multiplied to serve more.
Bring home a world of flavour! From the bustling streets of Thailand to the vibrant markets of the Caribbean, you can now create your global street food favourites at home with new Schwartz Street Food Seasonings. Discover street food recipes here www.schwartz.co.uk/streetfood